Thursday, August 6, 2009

Hot Pepper Jam

I am getting a lot more production off of the front patio habanero plants than I expected. When it is all said and done, I think we'll have at least 15. They aren't shaped or colored like habaneros, but they are pretty spicy. Ever since returning from Bologna, I've dreamed of recreating the hot pepper jam I used to eat with pecorino on lazy afternoons there. With fresh hot peppers on hand, I'd be a fool not to take a shot at it now. I'll be making and canning hot pepper jam using this recipe.

UPDATE: I made the jam this weekend. The flavor came out well. Spicy, but not face-melting. The color is a nice red orange with a few pepper bits. I put 1 pint in the fridge and it set up well. The other two pints are in storage and are still a little runny. I'll try a few more times before the next meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment